Terms and Conditions - Small Groups
TERMS & CONDITIONS - SMALL GROUPS (UPTO 9)
Terms and conditions for Individuals and Small Group Hostel bookings.
BOOKINGS AND PAYMENTS
- Bookings for individuals or small groups require a deposit payment equivalent to the 1st nights stay.
- The balance of the total booking cost is payable on arrival.
- Confirmation of the booking will be given upon receipt of the deposit.
- Bookings at weekends are for a minimum of two nights.
- Bookings for Easter and Bank Holidays are a minimum of 3 nights.
- Christmas and New Year is reserved for exclusive use bookings.
- Bookings at premium times may require payment in full at time of booking
- We do not provide holiday cancellation insurance; we strongly recommend that you take out your own holiday insurance cover.
- 14 days notice of cancellation is required.
- If 14 days notice of cancellation is not received then the total cost of your stay is payable in full
- When 14 days or more notice of cancellation is received a 10% adminstration charge will be made and the balance of the deposit paid (exc Card Charges) will be refunded.
CANCELLATION BY OURSELVES
In the unlikely event that the hostel becomes unavailable due to reasons beyond our control we will endeavour to find alternative suitable accommodation. Should this not meet your approval or not be possible we will refund all monies paid. We shall not be under any other liability.
ACCEPTANCE OF BOOKINGS
The booking is accepted only on the understanding that no more than the number of people declared on the booking shall stay. We reserve the right to refuse or curtail any booking where it subsequently transpires that information has been withheld from us either by numbers in the party or its composition.
We reserve the right to decline to accept a booking, or refuse to admit to the Hostel to any person or group where, in our opinion, the facilities are not suitable for the hirer or any member of the hirerâs party, without liability on either side. In such cases we shall not be liable to make any refund of any portion of the hire fee paid.
Upon arrival you will be required to complete a Check in Form. This gives us details of the group members; names, ages etc. For health and safety upon arrival, the number of guests residing in the hostel must be confirmed. If the number is to change (i.e. increase/decrease) during the stay we must be informed as soon as practicably possible.
You will be shown around the Hostel upon arrival and made aware of health and safety and fire procedures.
- Be responsible for the good conduct of their group or themselves.
- Be responsible for ensuring the safety of all group members, other guests, residents or otherwise.
- Be responsible for making yourself aware of fire procedures.
- Be responsible for keys supplied. (£5 charge if key isn't returned)
- Ensure that all passageways are kept clear and fire doors are left unobstructed.
- Inform the proprietor immediately should there be any power or equipment failure.
- Any breakages must be notified to us as soon as is reasonably practical after they have occurred.
- Ensure that all appliances in the kitchen are switched off properly and that the kitchen is left in a clean and safe condition. In addition, we ask that kitchen equipment is used in a safe and sensible manner. We cannot be held responsible for those who use our equipment and appliances inappropriately.
- To notify any damage or breakages. These must be paid for in terms of cleaning, repairs or replacement.
- Ensure that the hostel is left clean and tidy.
- Ensure that all recyclable rubbish is sorted following the hostels green policy.
BIKES AND BIKE STORAGE
- We have a secure bike store on site.
- Bikes are not allowed into the Hostel building under any circumstances.
- The cycle shed should be locked at all times when unattended.
- The owners do not accept liability for loss or damage to any bike left in the bike shed.
- When parking please ensure that no access and exit points have been blocked.
- There are adequate spaces for all guest when cars are parked correctly.
- Please drive dead slow when entering or leaving the car park.
- Those in charge of children and teenagers/youths, please ensure that they understand that the river borders 2 edges of the garden. Small children must be supervised at all times.
- No pets/dogs are allowed in to the hostel at any time. Only registered service dogs will be allowed in to the hostel.
- We do not allow pets/dogs to stay in vehicles on site, either during the day or overnight.
All bed linen is provided. Towels can be hired on site.
GARDEN /PATIO AREA
Please supervise small children at all times as the garden borders the river on 2 sides. We would ask that you be considerate of other guests at all times. Please keep noise levels down after 8pm as there maybe small children sleeping in the dorm rooms.
No liability is accepted in respect of loss or damage to any group member, their baggage, car or contents, resulting from riot, war, strikes, adverse weather conditions or sickness or injury or for loss or damage by a third party. This does not exclude liability for the actions of employees, agents or subcontractors of us as the hostel owners.
If, upon arrival you feel that there are reasonable grounds for complaint we must be notified immediately so that, if possible, appropriate action can be taken during your stay. If a reason for complaint should arise during your stay, you must similarly contact us as soon as the problem arises. No complaints will be considered after completion of your stay, unless they were raised when they arose.
Whilst everything will be done within our power to attend to repairs to property, furniture, equipment, facility that may be faulty or fail during your stay, no guarantees will be given and no refunds will be granted should any breakdown occur and not be immediately rectified.
CONDUCT OF INDIVIDUALS AND GROUPS
We politely request that all our hostel guests:
- Keep noise levels both outside and inside within reasonable limits. Especially in the evening
- Ensure children are supervised at all times.
- Keep drinking to a reasonable level.
- The hostel is a strictly no-smoking establishment. Guests wishing to smoke are requested to do so outside disposing of cigarette butts in the sand pots provided. Please note that offending guests may be asked to leave immediately and may be liable for professional cleaning of any rooms and any outstanding balance of nights booked but not taken through early departure.
- Anyone found in possession of or using illegal drugs will be required to leave the premises immediately.
- Candles, joss sticks, fireworks and primus/gas stoves are not permitted due to fire risks. We can provide safe storage for these items for the duration of your stay. If needed, please ask.
SERVICING OF THE HOSTEL
The communal areas and bathrooms are serviced on a daily basis, bathrooms cleaned, bins emptied, communal area floors cleaned, fire escape routes checked.
- All bedrooms should be vacated promptly by 10am on the day of your departure.
- All group members to check out by 11am
- Guests should strip the sheet, duvet cover and pillowcase from their beds and place them on the floor in each room.
- Return keys to the reception office (£5 charge if key isn't returned)
- Check that all belongings have been collected. We cannot be held responsible for anything left behind.
- Should you wish to leave your luggage or car on the day of departure, please ask as we may be able to assist.
- Rooms should be left clean and tidy.
- Kitchens and other public areas should be left clean as found. All cleaning materials and tools are provided for your use.
We cannot accept responsibilty for any property left behind at the end of your stay. Whilst we will make every reasonable effort to return lost property this will only be done on receipt of a minimum payment of £10 to cover the cost of packaging and registered post. Any larger items will be charged at the postage rate plus a £5 packaging and handling charge.
All items broken or damaged must be reported to the proprietors as soon as possible.
The proprietors reserve the right to charge for breakages and damage, with a minimum fee of £20 for small items, which will cover replacement costs. Larger items will be charged at replacement or repair costs, plus a £20 administration fee.
Any legal fees incurred in pursuing payment will be borne by you.
Some of the data gathered during the course of a booking may be held on computer. We would like to hold this data after your visit to be able to inform you of future offers. If you would prefer us not to hold this information please let us know.
Should anyone not observe the above terms and conditions, the proprietors reserve the right to cancel the booked accommodation and retain any monies paid for subsequent nights.
Bookings are accepted on the understanding that the above terms and conditions will be observed in full.
The proprietors reserve the right to change the above terms and conditions without notice.